Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Study, Self-discovery and Facebook Quizes

So, as exam period draws to a close I think it best for us to reflect on what we’ve learned this semester. Like most uni students I will rephrase that to what we learned this swotvac period, as no one realistically carries out the act which we calling “learning” during the semester.

I for one was endowed with countless facts and crucial points of knowledge for which I have only my tertiary studies to thank. No, I’m not actually referring to the budget variance systems which may have helped me in my accounting exam, nor am I referring to portfolio analyses, cash flow statements, or director’s duties. No, what I’m referring to here are those useless facts I never knew I wanted, but once I found them I couldn’t live without.

I’m referring to facebook quizzes. And before all the people who don’t go to uni and were plagued with the damn things over the past month start to bitch and whine, I say this: YOU try writing out endless financial statements with the heavy question of “what miscellaneous house hold item am I?” weighing on your mind. Yeah. Good luck with that one buddy.

Anywho, during the past month I have answered questions I would have never DREAMED of asking myself, and for that I feel I’ve truly come to a zen like understanding of my inner being. This would include (but is not limited to) the answers to such questions as:

Which supre shirt slogan sums up my personality?

What suburb in down town Kabul do I belong in?

Which 80’s rockstar’s genitalia do I most resemble?

Which pussy cat doll do I share an STD in common with?
Which lord of the rings character would I have as my pool boy?

Which NWA song best sums up my love life?

Which Pokémon will my grandmother be raped by?

What is my flee-ridden-crack-whore name?

Wow. What a journey it’s been! So I say thank you University, thank you for sending me into a land of teeth grinding boredom, without which I would never have embarked upon this endless voyage of self discovery. Maybe next semester, I may feel compelled to WRITE one of these quizzes!

No comments:

Post a Comment