Monday, July 20, 2009

Cringe

I’m kind of known for having a genuine appreciation of things which leave the average person in a cringe induced coma. Personally, I think most people need to lighten up a little and get some tacky in their lives, but we’ll save that discussion for later. There are three things which top my list of cheap and nasty:

1. Musicals:

I love musicals, 2 of my top five favourite movies of all time are musicals and I’m sure they would probably dominate my top 10. Something about a world where problems are solved by hoards of perfect strangers who spontaneously drop what they’re doing to break into perfectly choreographed song and dance just makes me GO.

2. Country music:

Well really the Dixie Chicks: I own all their albums, the live DVD, the live CD, their documentary and I saw them live in concert. I’m quite partial to any woman with a Texan accent though: Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5 actually gets my enthused. Carrie Underwood makes me giddy. And I once sought revenge on someone who stole a book of mine by swiping there Shania twain album which I don’t think they even knew they had. Yer. I sure showed them.

3. Miley Cyrus:

Oh my god, swoon! The girl is only a couple of years younger than me, plus she seems REALY mature –so it’s totally feasible. Also, I think she’s some kind of master of illusion, how else do you explain her ability to stuff an entire head of hair under that blonde wig when she plays Hannah Montana? Amazing! Deep down though, I’m just hanging out for her stint in rehab, I’m kind of done with lilo- I want a new wholesome Walt Disney protégé to fall from grace into a life of drugs and lesbianism. Plus she was spawned by a man who has more highlights in his hair then her whole fan base put together.





So you can imagine my delight when I was forwarded a country musical number lead by Miley Cyrus. Good things come in threes, right? It starts by her declaring she was about to “add a little hiphop to this hoedown”. Well, I don’t see how that could possibly go wrong!! Also, it could just be me but I SWEAR Tyra makes a brief appearance in this clip (I believe she was “putting her hawk in the sky” at the time of said appearance). Plus the lyrics are WRITTEN on screen karaoke style! That’s something that really tickles me as well. I love when bands feel a need to have the words to their songs scrawled across their video clips. It’s like they need to make sure there is NO way you will miss their creative genius! Yes, I’m so glad I didn’t miss such lyrics as “pop it lock it polka dot it, countrify then hip hop it”.

Turn the volume down, not because there’s any foul language or anything, just if anyone catches you with this song emanating from your speakers then you’ll probably melt into a puddle of shame on the floor- kind of like a mortified Alex Mac. Also, I cringed so hard I actually had goosebumps. (Unfortunately I couldn't "embed" this video so you'll have to make do with the link!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlnbmZK7GxU


1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Alex Mac... and this was pretty much the highlight of my week. Tyra does make an appearance, in the movie her and Miley have a face off over a pair of shoes...It is quite an intense confrontation but Tyra takes the cake.

    ReplyDelete