Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Flithy Zine - A Review

I found this zine at rocking horse amongst the pig sty that is their street press collection. It’s probably one of the vilest, most grotesque and abominable scraps of human thought I’ve ever come across. So basically I LOVED it. It came to me at just the right time, one of those “meant to be” moments. There I was, traipsing around the city on Friday morning after a rather hectic Thursday night. My hangover didn’t kick in till 3:30 that arvo so I was still riding high on goon and no doze. The scum which had cropped up on my mind over night was the perfect breeding ground for any muck and debauchery that came my way. The timing was impeccable really.

Filthy Zine is a collection of miscellaneous comics thrown together which would probably appeal to people who like Cyanide and Happiness and also have a stomach made of iron. In their own words Filthy Zine is “about printing shit and making people shit their pants in disgust.” In my words it’s about genitalia, human excrement, bestiality, sodomy, violence, masturbation, and voyeur.

Anyway I’d love to post excerpts but that would ruin the surprise and I mostly can’t be bothered. Hence, you should CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE. (And please find the post titled “Retard Boy”. Hilarious.)

www.filthyzine.com

I will give you one tid bit though:

They have this photo from the government’s anti-binge drinking campaign and in the caption they’ve written “she was probably being a dick anyway”.





ZING! SO true! No one’s fooling anyone in that campaign. The girl who fell through the table probably woke up last Sunday with photos of her va-jay-jay tagged all over face book. And she’ll probably end up skinny dipping in the punch bowl at her mum’s 50th next Saturday. So this week’s little table incident is kind of just one of many and doesn’t really surprise anyone. All in all, she’s just not that innocent socially retarded bystander who drank too many cruisers because she wanted to fit in. So fuck you government!!

Oh, and pick up a copy of Filthy Zine if you manage to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment